ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah

I have it after my other effects just before the amp but I get more gain when I have it straight from the guitar to the effects. The effects are I'd say strong, plus I use a dedicated power line which probably helps. It sounds pretty much like Zakk, but you can't only rely on the pedal.

I play mostly metal, classical, blues and rock; and it hasn't failed me yet it's always been good to me. I have been playing for 5 years, I got Boss/MXR effects B\.C\. Rich, Ibanez, Dean, Epiphone guitars. Not really anything I would've asked, if it were stolen I would buy the the Dimebag pedal instead; no gripes against this one but it's got as versatile as others. I like the extra gain boost it gives, I like don't like the fact it has a small sweep.

Its really dependable, but I hear that the battery holster on the bottom breaks off fairly often so that's a downer but I use a dedicated line so that helps. I might bring another of the same pedal but it's a good enough for alone. Sounds real good through a tube amp.

I really like the sound I get out of it. I have hear some others say they don't like the sweep size on it, cause it's too small; but to my account it's merely a small problem once you get used to it. I went and ordered a special fuse or something for it which juiced it hard afterwards. But it adds quite a bit of gain to the tone which I like but that's not for everyone. As far as the patch and the manual goes it'; s pretty straight forward.