ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This Wah pedal is good depending on what you are looking for. For me it was perfect. I wanted a pedal that wouldn't drastically change my sound, and it wouldn't filter out so much sound that I had to adjust my volume knob. This does exactly that. It provides a small boost that is perfect for adding to a regular distortion, to come up with a great lead sound. I use an Ibanez RG770DX guitar, through this pedal, through a DigiTech RP255, into a Fender Superchamp XD. This pedal is great for putting your foot down and soloing, instead of having to tweak many other settings to get a lead sound. I play everything from classic rock, to instrumental rock (a la Satch), and some GNR. This has worked for every style that I have thrown at it. I proclaim it the "jack of all trades, master of all."

As I said before I play a lot of Satriani and GNR, which demands a good Wah sound often. None of the Wah pedals that I have tried before have been so versatile while still delivering a good sound. In the DigiTech RP255 that I have, it has a built-in wah, but it just wasn't good enough. The Zakk Wylde Wah has a very consistent sweep, and you don't get that annoying sound when you rock the pedal back all the way. If this pedal was lost or stolen, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it back. I compared this pedal to: - Dunlop Slash Crybaby - Dunlop 535Q Multi Wah - Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell - Boss PW10 V Wah - About 5 others The point is, none of these pedals were as good as the Zakk Wylde. The only thing that I wish this pedal had was an LED to show when it was on or off.

I haven't gone gigging with this pedal, but the metal casing is more than enough to protect this pedal from being dropped, banged on, etc. No backup needed whatsoever.

This Wah pedal is hands-down, the best one out there. I went to my local guitar shop to look for a good Wah pedal, and I must have gone through a dozen, that didn't react well to distortion, didn't work with a neck pickup, etc. The pedal doesn't have any knobs for editing different settings, but it is perfect already. However, one of the great features about this pedal is that you can adjust thr rocker torque, meaning of course that you can change how easy it is to move the pedal.