ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah

Purchased from: Rowlands Music Swansea

I have a EX-50 guitar running into the pedal then into a Blackstar HT-5 stack. It is not noisy at all in fact I don't even notice when it's on, only when you click it on. The effect is always quite strong but at higher pitches of sound you can't really hear it as much. It sounds good for my favourite artists (Metallica, Iron maiden). I wish the effect was stronger and more powerful but it's quite good. I know this review isn't very good but I thought I would try and contribute.

I play metal and this pedal is very good for it. I have been playing for 4 years but have had this pedal about 1 or 2 years. If it were stolen I would try and get it back but if not I would probably try and get a more powerful Wah pedal. I didn't really compare it to anything only a dimebag pedal but I liked the sound of this more for what I use it for.

Definitely depend on it. It's like a metal brick. Very reliable. I would gig with it without a backup. I have never gigged before because I am not in a band. But it is very solid and reliable. They have made me type in some more characters but I don't really know what else to say so saying this should make it work.

Well.. It's a Wah pedal so you just click it in to Switch it on and then Wah away. The manual just tells you stuff like where you put the battery and adjusting stuff. It is just the stock version... Don't know what else to say really! There is a adjusting rod that comes with it so you can adjust how much resistance there is on pushing it down (I think) I haven't tried it yet as I don't really know how to do it probably but I probably should read the manual!

ikantuna
    I was thinking to get either VOX v847 or Zw-45... help me out.. thanks!