ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah

Purchased from: \

My chain consists of the following - Ibanez ARC 300 > Boss TU-3 > Boss AC-3 > Dunlop ZW-45 > Randall amp. I've always been able to get a great sound with relatively no noise at all from the pedal itself. The effect itself is a very throaty, strong Wah sound. I use it for everything from rock to metal to clean funk and it sounds great in all applications.

I play the range of different styles and this Wah handles them all beautifully. Some would argue that the tone is a little weak/not focused enough, but I love it myself. I've had this Wah for almost 3 years and have not had ONE problem with it. I tried out a few different wahs, such as the Ibanez Weeping Demon and the stock Cry Baby, and I found the sound to be more pleasing to my ear. If it were stolen, I would MOST DEFINATELY buy it again. That being said, I would try out some different wahs as well. I've been meaning to try the Dimebag wah, as well as the Mark Tremonti Morley.

This Wah is built like a motherf--king tank and can definately handle any abuse even the hardest of players could throw at it and still come back begging for more. I would definately gig without a backup, since Dunlop products are shit resistant. I would probably bring an extra battery just to be safe though. Wahs tend to eat batteries pretty quickly.

It's just your generic Wah pedal operation - click down to turn it on, click down again to turn it off. The Switch is under the toe down setting on the pedal. No editing patches, as it's already modded under the hood with Zakk's tone. Manual was very good at explaining how to work the pedal and listing some of the specs. No upgrades available, and very easy to use and get a good sound of it - very throaty.

duzit006
    banrnon wrote: which is better, this or slash's?
    its really about preference.. try them first.. dont get one just cuz it has one of your fav. guitarists name on it..