Dispatch Master review by EarthQuaker Devices

EarthQuaker Devices: Dispatch Master

Purchased from: I bought it to a friend

This pedal has 4 knobs:

• "Mix" works more like a volume of wet signal, to increase the volume of the reverb or delay
  • "Reverb" increase the reverb effect
  • "Time" sets the delay´s time up to 2000ms
  • "Repeats" works with reverb, delay or both together. With delay, it increase the number of repetitions, while with reverb, it increase the decay.
Really easy to use, you won´t have any problems with that. You just need to move the knobs and you will get the sound you want.

A good choice if you are that kind of user that does not like to spend hours twerking knobs.

I'm going to split my review into 2 parts.

The reverb: the reverb is very transparent and can get really spacial and long. It can create very surround soundscapes. This reverb sounds is similar to a "Plate reverb", but with more transparency and "bigger sounds."

The delay: The delay is really warm and softly dark. With each repetition, it gets darker more and more, which es great because it fuses with the dry signal making really good sounds. If you put the "Repeats" knob at maximum, you will get infinite repetitions without without self oscillating.

Here is a demo:

YouTube preview picture

It's handmade in Ohio, USA. It seems to be really sturdy and solid case. Box is 4x2 inches, like a standard handmande pedal. EarthQuaker Devices are really good pedals. It is always on my board. I play a lot a live gig and I never had any issues with it, and that is a lot to say because I stomp really hard. The only problem I have with it is that the 3pdt switch stop working after 1 year of use. Fortunately, it was really easy to fix, I did it by my self. I just replace the 3pdt switch and it works fine again.

The Dispatch Master is the best long reverb pedal I have ever tried (and I tried a lot!). The reverb is really transparent and is an excellent option (if not the best) to make soundscapes. You can use it as a short reverb too, but I think for that is better a Spring or Room reverb. Another cool thing is that DM does not has volume drop, something that others pedals do has (like EHX Holy Grail or Boss RV3). Also, the delay is great. It's warm and excellent for most uses. The delay's tone is between the MXR Carbon Copy and the Boss DD3, very similar to Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay.

The best of this pedal comes when you use the Reverb and Delay at the same time, both works perfectly together.