HE-2 Hum Eliminator Box review by Ebtech

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)

Purchased from: Ebay

My current setup is as follows: Highway 1 Strat, Dunlop GCB95, DigiTech WH4, DOD Tuna, Boss CS3, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff NYC Reissue, DigiTech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Small Stone, Boss PH3, MXR Phase 90, DigiTech Digidelay, Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail, Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, Boss NS-2, Ebtech Hum Eliminator Box, Marshall TSL122. It removes all the noise and seems to add a little sparkle to my setup. The sound becomes brighter and sounds clearer than the guitar direct to amp setup. If you are not keen on light noises you might not appreciate this little wonder.

I play in 2 bands, an alternative/grunge band and a Rage Against The Machine tribute band. This device works well on my setup because having more than 3 pedals causes ground loop and a seemingly unsolvable hum. This device gets rid of that problem. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely find ways to get hold of this pedal again.I can not find anything comparable to it in the market. My setup now is hauntingly quiet because of the combination of the Boss NS-2 and the Hum Eliminator Box.

This device is very durable and reliable. It is built in a metal box so it stands up well against abuse. I use it on gigs without backup at all. This box is rather rare in my country (Philippines) and I did not purchase it from here so I can not find a backup for it.

First of all, I'd like to clarify. This is not a pedal. This device is placed on audio signal chains to eliminate the hum caused by ground loops. It would not affect your overall tone at all. The manual pretty much explained everything. Other applications for this device was also found in the manual. To use this device, it is basically plug and play and see instant results.

AJ6stringsting
    They sure help out in my two racks that have : two BBE sonic Maximizers, Hush X2C Noise Reduction Units, Behringer 1124 Feedback Destroyer Pro and two 32 band EQ's. This unit is a must have !!!!