Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

Purchased from: Derringers music

I use my Big Muff with a Squire Strat (it sucks but I get pretty good sounds out of it), Vox Wah, Boss DD6, Ibanez 7th Heaven (worst distortion ever)and a Marshall MG100DFX. The Big Muff sounds great it is probably one of the most versatile fuzz/distortion pedals ever. With the tone knob all the way to the right you get a cool filthy high pitch sound and with the tone all the way to the left you get a wicked thick sounding dirstortion and in between are all kinds great sounds I normally have the tone slightly past 12 o'clock only just though so it is still thick but also cuts through. The sustain knob is also great it can take you from extreme distorted mahem to a quiet slightly fuzzed mellow sound. My favourite band is The Smashing Pumpkins and they too use Big Muffs so it is easy for me to get a pumpkin sound.

I play shrump rock and it is a perfect match since me and my band invented the style. I have been playing for about 9 months but am a quick learner. The main reasons I bought this pedal were the fact that it was extremely versatile and I could get a really pumpkiny sound out of it. If this were stolen I would hunt down the guy that stole it and get it back I wouldn't hurt him because I mean who could blame the guy this is the greatest distortion ever.

I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup it is very dependable I have used the same battery in it for almost 6 months and it is still going strong. It does have a 9v power supply input but I am yet to need it as the battery has lasted so long.

This unit is extremely easy to use It has three knobs: volume, tone, sustain (distortion). It is impossible not to get a good sound out of this beast it's awesome! All you have to do is step on the button and nicest fuzz/distortion ever whatever you have it set on!