Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

I'm playing with a MIM Strat with a Hot Rails in the bridge and I must say this pedal was more than I was expecting. I've never played with a fuzz pedal before and I've now fallen in love with the sound. It's perfect for my style of music. It's very easy to dial in any sound I want and it has this really great smooth fuzz, sound alot like Gilmour's solos on The Wall.

I play progressive/psychedelic rock and blues, a lot of Pink Floyd but also a lot heavier newer things like The Mars Volta. This pedal works for everything I need as a fuzz. I'm planning on getting more overdrives for boosters to make my sound change a bit more. If it were stolen or lost I'd get a new one for sure. The thing I love best about this pedal is that it totally suprised me when I bought it, I've fallen in love with the thing.

From what I've seen, this thing is really durable. I can smash on it pretty hard. I'd play without a backup. Just have to make sure you have batteries, but they last a really long time.

This pedal is extremely easy to use, you plug it in and mess with the three knobs, volume, tone and sustain. The tone and sustain will alter how much fuzz and how sharp or muddy it is. Other than that, there's nothing to worry about.