Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

Purchased from: eBay.co.uk

I use this with a Fender Telecaster and a Roland Cube 60 amplifier. My setup is by no means amazing, but this pedal still sounds great, you never get loads of feedback from this pedal which is good, although I do know some guitarists do like messing atound with feedback. I find that this pedal is very good for a Queens Of The Stone Age-esque sound. Overall this is a great fuzz pedal, although one downside is that it isn't very versatile.

I play music by a variety of different bands, going from Radiohead to Led Zeppelin to Queens Of The Stone Age, and it works well for all of them. It works well with my other gear. If it broke (unlikely) I would happily fork out the cash for another one. I don't like the fact that you can't alter the amount of the fuzz but I would probably have it on full most of the time anyway. When I bought this, it was either this or a Pro-Co Rat, and I'm glad I chose this.

This pedal is pretty solid, even though the metal casing isn't very thick. Mine has been bashed around quite a bit and still works perfectly, I did once think that it had stopped working though, but then I realised I just needed a new battery. I would confidently use it during a gig without a backup.

I purchased my Big Muff about half a year ago from eBay.co.uk, and it is by far my favourite pedal. It is very easy to use, just 3 knobs, tone, volume and sustain, a monkey could work out how to use this thing. It's very eacy to get a nice dirty 'wall of fuzz' type of sound from it.