Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

Purchased from: Pedal Geek

I'm using this crappy amp I don't even know what it is. But at the store I used it through a tube amp, I don't know exactly which one. It's not noisy at all. The effects always sound great. It's awesome all around. It can become a full blown crank sound when you turn the sustain knob all the way. The volume will just add well more volume to it, giving it more kick.

I play blues, metal, hard rock. It fits all styles. I've been playing for 3 years. I also have the Boss DS1 and for those of you need a distortion pedal I'd save up an extra $40 for this one. I've compared them and the Big Muff blows it away. If you don't believe me try it yourself. I would definetly buy another one if it was lost or stolen.

Very dependable it's all metal, big and sturdy. I would definetly not need a back up. If I needed a back up then it would just have to be another one. Nothing compares to this pedal. It's said Jimi Hendrix used it also. it's actually one of the biggest pedals I've ever seen ecspecially for distortion. And that's not a problem. That just adds to it's sturdyness.

It is amazing easy to get a good sound out of it. If you just kepp the 3 knobs at 12 O' Clock you'll be blown away by it. It has Volume, Tone, and Sustain. Volume is obvious. Tone allows you to choose between a trebly sound or a deep bass. Sustain controls the sustain and distortion.

bs5538
    Smashing Pumpkins used the Big Muff, and it pretty much defined their sound.
    Andy and others
    AcDc_1337 wrote: the pedal was modeled after jimi hendrix's sound. but never used by him.
    No it wasn't. And no Jimi didn't live long enough to use the pedal live or in the studio. He did managed to try the pedal, and he planing to use it later on, but suddenly he died(R.I.P.)
    Arlabester
    this pedal rocks. flat out. i dont get why people say its just a fuzz. it can get pretty dirty through a blues junior.