Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

I use Big Muff Pi with Ibanez RG350EX and Squier Strat. As amp I use Yamaha's Fifty112 which is very old yet fine for me. In the manual there read that due to Big Muff's ultra high gain all the cables must be working correct or there will be hum. Of course if Sustain Knob is right down to the right it's noisier than Sustain Knob turned right to the left. The fuzz is not weak; it's awesome and just what I was expecting for this. The sounds I get out of this effect are all great, perfect!

I play progrock and sometimes some blues and Big Muff Pi has suited to everything I have played with it. Amount of fuzz can be controlled from the indieguitarbuzz to Zeppelin sounds and even further. If this will be stolen, I will search the dirty thief to my hands and then beat HIM up, and if I couldn't I would buy another.

The Big Muff is bigger than Boss or DigiTech pedals, though I believe that all the stuff inside that thin cover would fit in to Boss pedal. I definetely can depend on this. There's not breakable things there and if you don't run over it riding elefant it won't probably break up. I will use this on a gig without a backup.

Electro-Harmonix's Big Muff Pi has three large knobs: Volume, Tone and Sustain. With volume-knob you can control the output of the Big Muff. With Tone you can control tone (surprise! ) of the fuzz. Right down to the right it's annoying, treble-boosted etc. and I can't see why anyone would use it otherwise it was just freakin' aroound. I prefer to turn it somewhere near 11 o'clock. Sustain-knob controls the amount of sustain and fuzz. I got the short manual with this product. It was about the knobs and batteries etc. Big Muff Pi is very easy to use and it's easy to get just the sounds you want.