Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

Purchased from: coastal music

I'm using a Roland Cube and Gibson Les Paul Std. I love this pedal, one of my favourites. I play with a bit more bass from my amp then usual for a different and in my opinion better sound gives a better sound for the pedal (try it). I don't really turn the tone knob past two thirds cause I feel its too fuzzy for me. What's nice is that could turn up the sustain and drop the tone to give you a more distorted sound rather than fuzzy, although pushing the sustain full on will give you allot of feed back.

Once again, I love this pedal and will never leave to any gig without it. I play different genres of music from blues to hard rock, yet I find a way to incoroporate this pedal with all of them. I hated fuzz pedals but the sound. If I lost this I would defnitely replace this ASAP, and yes, I would buy one from someones boot if they sold it.

Very reliable pedal, though the battery does die quikly, so opt for the power supply one time or I gigged get rechargeable batteries (going green). I remember playing on stage once and my power supply just stopped work (boos power supply let me down, dammit), I only had one 9v battery so I put in the Big Muff. The night was awesome, people came up to me and asked what stompboxes I used, and they where surprised it was just that one pedal.

Pretty easy to use, just 3 knobs, its not Rocket science. I think there's no manual or maybe I was just robbed of one. I have a new addition of this and I couldnt tell the difference between this and the older models. It has a unique casing which I love and think its great that they kept the same design and style from the Vintage ones.