Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

Purchased from: guitar center

I use a Fender modern player marauder through my sh-tty starter amp. I sometimes bring it to my friends and use it through a Fender Super Sonic. Through both amps it sounds awesome. It is a little noisy on single coils but that might just be because they're single coils. All the tones you can get are useful. Turn the tone all the way up for some treble-y punk and garage rock tones and put it about mid way to get some nice Grunge and stoner rock tones.

I play anything from shoegaze, to Indie rock, to psychedelic/garage rock, and this thing fits in all of them. I've only been playing about a year and a half and I have a super fuzz clone that I got from my buddy for free and this thing is just a little bit more versitale than that. I would get another if this one was stolen, if I hadn't tracked the theif down and kicked him in the nuts. The best feature o this is definately the tone knob.

The guy at Guitar Center said it might dent if you step on the metal part, but this thing is built like a freaking tank. I've dropped it down stairs an it was fine. I would moat definitely gig with this.

Pretty straightforward device. don't need a manual or anything to know how to work it. Volume, tone, and sustain.