Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Big Muff Pi

Purchased from: JB music philippines

I was amazed by it's low settings, gritty singing and roaring. I use my Fender American Tele and Hamer XT SAT2 and my amp is our own made tube amp here at Philippines, where Manny Pacquiao, Charice, Apple D Ap and Arnel Pineda were born lol, the sound? It has the original tones of 60's to present blues, and some heavy rock like black sabbath, the Fuzzface can't beat it's aggressiveness and responsiveness, the fuzzface, you can only hear the fuzz when it's knobs are crank unlike the Big Muff, tone at only 9'oclock and sustain, you can already achieve the original Fuzzface knobs cranked all up. This big muff is the one and only who can beat the Fuzzface, we all know that this pedal is favorited by many greatest guitar man like david gilmour of Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Jack White, Keith Richards, Santana, and too many to mention. This pedal has strong output. Try to put some Strat and Fender Twin Reverb amp and you'll own the god's tones of variety. Not noisy at all. This kind of pedal suits my playing style and experimentation in modern type of blues like Jack White's doing. This is my main pedal next to my blues driver and my big muff can stand alone bwahaha. This pedal is a Manny Pacquiao for me and proud to be a filipino blues player. Who says us Filipinos do not like music? Charice? Arnel Pineda of Journey? Apple D Ap of Black Eyed Peas huh, come on people, every person deserves music not war.

Oh my god! I was impress with this when I tested with my amp at home, because the store has an amp that really sucks. It has a traditional tone of every blues guitar player. I wish the casing was not that cheap steel.

I'm still worrying about it's ordinary sturdy casing because it's only plain but that doesn't bother me at all. If this was stolen and I know who was it I'd rather kill him or buy a new ones. I will use it on any gig, this pedal can live without backup for me.

Very simple and awesome, you only have 3 knobs, volume, tone, and sustain, just the way I like it simple box.