Canyon review by Electro-Harmonix

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Electro-Harmonix: Canyon

Purchased from: Sweetwater.com

This pedal is so easy to use. Just turn the dial on the bottom left and you'll be rewarded with some variation of delay, a looper or some reverb. Editing is simple, the looper has a 62-second record function and a play function. The manual is really useful there are also tutorial videos. But it is fun to just turn that 10 variation dial and see what you sounds you can make with your guitar. The firmware never needs to be upgraded. It is a mult-effect delay & looper, but relies on analog knobs. I love delay and I love the sounds that come out of this pedal.

My playing style is rock. I especially like the diversity of delays offered by this pedal. It really helps me explore the subgenres of rock. If I want a classic rock sound I can turn the bottom left dial to "DMM." This gives me a rich emulated analog tape delay called a "Deluxe Memory Man". Similar to the one heard on the song "Wish you were Here" by Pink Floyd. If I want a more modern dynamic 3-D sound like that of Slightly Stoopid I can turn to Mod. This pedal has every type of delay I can imagine. I especially like the company's own "shimmer" effect. Which can be found at the bottom of the dial. This just sounds awesome. I use it for my own pieces but can't find any album that contains it. It also comes with an FX Level dial, to dial in the amount it affects the signal. An easy to use 62-second looper. A tap/divide switch to activate the right side knobs. These are a delay level and A feedback dial to make your amp more responsive. You can also select tap which effects the looper. With 10 different stand on their own options I'm going to give this section a ten.

This pedal fits in the palm of my hand. But that doesn't take away from it's durability. The pedal is in a solid medal casing. It requires a 9 volt power DC adaptor. But that comes in box. It has reliable dials and a tiny metal on off switch at the bottom. There are three jacks. A simple output on the left. Plug the amp lead in here. An Input on the upper right. Plug the guitar lead in here. And lastly, a tap in on the bottom right. My favorite part of the casing is the on/off indicator light. The artwork on the pedal depicts a wide open canyon similar to those found in states like Colorado. When the indicator light comes on it acts as a tiny sun. I would take it to play live, but with the intricate artwork of the canyon for a paint job I wouldn't want to scratch it.

This pedal is the perfect match for anyone who really enjoys delay. I discovered so many new sounds with my ESP LTD EC-256 and Kramer Assault 220. I'm writing this review a few months after I bought the pedal. It even has a little reverb section so you don't have to switch this pedal out. I honestly don't know a time when not to use this pedal. I have been playing for five years. And I can't believe I didn't find another review on this site for this fantastic pedal. If you steal this pedal I would buy another. They are not that steep in price considering that it is a multi-effects pedal with quality effects and a looper. It's also very aesthetically pleasing with a white background and the canyon artwork. I've had other mult-effects pedal before from Vox and they just sucked. This will really bring out the tones in your guitar like you've never heard before. Just try their very own "shimmer" and you'll know what I mean.