Holy Grail Reverb review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Holy Grail Reverb

Use this with a Gibson SG Standard and a Fender American Standard Strat pumped into a couple of Fender Pro Juniors. Does not really create any extraneous noise. The effects that it produces are awesome. you can go from a very subtle echo to a sound that is as if you were standing in the middle of Notre Dame's football stadium to a very haunting sound on the flerb setting. Flerb is basically the hall reverb with an added Kiss of flange, hall reverb sounds like you're playing in a hall with a lot of echo and spring sounds like classic reverb from an old Fender or Vox amp. Although the controls are really simple, the tone produced by this thing can sound like any artist you wish to emulate.

This thing is sweet. the reason that I bought it was that I loved the sound of the Fender Pro Junior (highly recommended) but it didn't have reverb. I play blues, blues rock, classic rock, reggae, and dabble a little bit in some folk. This covers all of them, but is not meant for every style of music. I have been playing for about 7 years and this is my first reverb pedal, and I don't think I'll ever need another one. By the way I highly recommend Electro-Harmonix pedals. I own/have owned quite a few of them such as the worm and the double muff. All of them are great. If it were stolen or lost I would probably replace it unless I got another amp that already had reverb. I love this pedal, and my favorite feature is the simplicity of the controls. My favorite setting is spring with the reverb knob at about 12 o'clock along with a phaser turned on as well. Looked at a couple other reverbs like a Boss and a DigiTech but this one was the best. It's perfect because of it simplicity, but EHX makes the holier grail and the holiest grail that have more knobs and switches to play with if that's your thing.

All Electro-Harmonix pedals are very durable, and I never go with a back up on any pedal in my rig. it's a really cool pedal and I need to fill space again. I don't really know what else to write here this is stupid that there's a word limit.

This thing is really simple. One knob to change the amount of reverb, and a switch to choose between the three types of reverb: spring, hall, and flerb. there really isn't anything else for me to write in this section but I have to take up space so that the website will take my review.

delaqua
    but is not meant for every style of music
    ...any style of music can handle reverb...you cant dictate an artist's freedom of expression, dont be an idiot...reverb pedals, too, are just simulated sounds of something that could naturally occur with your guitar-its just made into a signal that can assure that that naturally occurring sound is constant and user variable...
    3l3phant
    very true i create my own reverb... i play my acoustic in this abandoned gym... amaazing. you can't ever put restrictions on music, jcs
    jcs5234
    i just meant that i didnt think it sounded that good when i played things with heavy distortion. usually sounds better from the amp than this stompbox when you are playing metal or something like that.