Holy Grail Reverb review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Holy Grail Reverb

Purchased from: Sam Ash

The sound of this pedal is great. I've used all three types of reverb depending on what I'm looking for and they are all awesome. The spring gives you that old reverb feel of classic tube amps. The hall reverb makes it sound like you're playing in a giant room. And the flerb effect is a cool toy to play around with. I really enjoy using this pedal when I play some clean parts to give it a nice warm feel. I also use it when I want some crazy feedback sounds. You can really hear the difference between this pedal and some newer digital reverbs.

I play rock music for the most part though I also play some jazz and blues too. My musical tastes have changed drastically since I've owned this pedal but I've always had a use for this pedal no matter what I was playing. This pedal is great and I recommend it to everyone.

This pedal is very durable. It's essential that I have it with me anytime I play Live. I'm always extremely careful when I transport it cause it isn't as dense as some other pedals. But I've been using this pedal for close to two years and haven't had any problems at all with it.

This pedal is extremely simple to use. One knob controls the reverb. Next to it is a Switch that selects the type of reverb: spring, hall, or flerb (reverb w/ flanger). The only downside to it is that it requires a different type of adapter than most pedals do. But it's a small price to pay considering the sound you get from it.

GitterMan
    Love it on clean or slightly broken tone but any thing heavy You must dial the thing way back, it will just echo ,in a bad way. Ive tried it the loop that dosnt help either. Still its one of my pedals Ill never sell.
    guy_tebache
    inignought : you do get a nasty buzz when used w/heavy dist.
    try switching the order in your fx chain. that might make a difference. This is my dream reverb pedal. I'm gonna buy one next time I splurge on guitar effects.