Holy Grail Reverb review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Holy Grail Reverb

Purchased from: eBay

The sound is great, it's different types of reverb give it some diversity. Granted "flerb", which is reverb mixed with flange, probably isn't very useful unless you use a lot of effects in your music, but spring and hall both give an excellent sound. Spring gives you an excellent Surf sound, perfect if you don't want to spend hundreds on a reverb tank. Hall has a perfect sound that really makes it sound like you're playing in a large room. It also sounds good with other effects, I haven't found any it doesn't sound good with.

Overall I love this pedal. I play mostly classic rock, modern alternative and metal, and this pedal sounds fantastic for all of them. It handles other effects and distortion very well, but also has a great clean sound. I only have four other pedals but I wish I had purchased this one first, it's the one that's really made my sound better. It's incredibly easy to use and get a good sound out of since you don't have to mess with a lot of knobs or switches just to get a basic reverb out of it. I would recommend this pedal to anyone looking for a reverb pedal as long as they don't have a problem having a dedicated power supply.

This pedal is durable, I don't gig or anything, but I haven't had a problem with it in the four months that I've had it. I've dropped it a couple times and there isn't even a scratch on it. All of the jacks are solid and I don't see any reliability problems.

This pedal is incredibly easy to use, it only has an on-off Switch, an amount knob and a Switch to choose between the three types of reverb (spring, hall and flerb). There's an LED to tell you if the pedal is on or off. The Holy Grail is very straightforward, just plug in the cables, turn it on and it works. Since it only has three different types of reverb and an amount knob, it's easy to get the sound you want out of it. The only reason I'm not giving this a ten is because you have to use the included power adapter, which could be a problem for some people.

Chrome Wave
    I bought a Holy Grail 2 years ago and am very satisfied. The effect sounds very good, there's no background noise, it is quick to set, and gives as much range of effect as I ever need. The bypass is very useful, too.