Holy Grail Reverb review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Holy Grail Reverb

Price paid: € 75

Purchased from: A dude

My rig = Ibanez Jet King 2 -> Rocktron Rampage -> EHX Holy Grail -> Behringer UT100 pedal tuner -> Peavey ValveKing Royal 8. That's all I need. On the clean channel, without any other pedals, it's not noisy. It has a full, warm tone on all three modes. With the Rocktron distortion on, it becomes just a little noisy, but that really doesn't matter. On the normal Drive channel of the amp (with the gain on 10), it's not noisy at all and it gives a nice depth to the sound. I can get a nice "Steve Vai - For the love of God" tone out of it. On the spring setting, it has a nice Fender-ish reverb tone, but with more depth and quality. Sounds like a Hot Rod DeVille amp reverb, but with more warmth. The hall mode is really nice and powerful, and the "flerb" mode sounds pretty unique. I use "flerb" mostly with the Rocktron distortion. Overall, the sound of this pedal is warm, full, deep and strong.

I play Instrumental rock with Neo-Classical and Classical influences, but I also like playing Blues and Hard rock. I've been playing for a year and a half. I have never heard a better reverb. This pedal is really something you should buy. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably buy a new one if I had the money. I love it's beautiful sound and I hate nothing. A great pedal!

It's a pedal, they don't break often and it really looks like it could last. I would always rely on it and I can't really imagine playing without it.

The pedal features a simple control knob that adjusts the level of reverb. It has three modes - spring, hall and "flerb" (a combination of reverb and flanger). It's versy easy to get a great tone out of it. I just wanted a simple spring reverb, but I got three different types, so I'll rate it 10.

sheriff_nein
    3l3phant wrote: very true i create my own reverb... i play my acoustic in this abandoned gym... amaazing. you can't ever put restrictions on music, jcs
    i envy you, sir.
    ripjoestrummer
    I love it at the end of my chain on spring at 12 oclock. It gives my distortion a nice after taste, if that makes any sense. Its part of my "default" tone (equalizer, distortion, compression at times).