Holy Grail Reverb review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Holy Grail Reverb

Purchased from: guitar center

I am going to review each option of the effect seperatly first the spring setting. The spring setting reminds me of old 60's super reverb amps and the unmistakable surf based sound that Fender reverbs can produce however this setting can get noisy when cranked all the way up on the other hand, the hall setting is a very shimmering sound that when kept low can nicely complement a soulfull solo or make a distorted guitar scream but again if turned up to far you begin to loose any sence of individual notes however if coupled with a delay such as a DD3 you can produce a very nice harp sound.and finally the flerb setting. To me this is a bit unusefull due to the unusal combination of flanger and reverb but I find it nice in small doses.

Overall the pedals very usefull for recreating a maulitude of effects and sounds thoe it has no battery power it is still an indensepable part of my pedal board if it was stolen I would draw and quarter the theif afterwitch he would be diped in boling oil.

This pedal is a f***ing rock! It has been dropped and kicked across the room by my careless bandmate and I simply turned it over and there wasent a scratch on it. I would use this with no fear in a gig.

This pedal is remarkable it is very easy to use only having 2 controls a 3 way slector and a rotary reverb knob. Thoe simple it has a wide verity of easy to find sounds form a 60's Fender spring reverb to a shimmering harp like sound. This unit has 3 settings spring, hall, and flerb thoe spring and hall are very use full I do not use flerb very often and I think it is a feature that could be left out of the product.

T Max
    My Holy Grail is emitting a constant high pitch squeal at a very low volume. If I turn the amp up the squeal also gets louder. Any help on this? tmax@thenoise-boston.com