Holy Stain review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Holy Stain

For the effects there are mix and amount knobs as well as a mode stomp to change the effect. for the most part I like the sound of the effects. there not that deep, but they will work if you are on a budget. The distortion is a different story. the thick sound of the analog distortion is the best I have ever heard both the Overdrive and fuzz sound really nice. That was the main reason for this purchase and it sounds as good as I would need or want.

For the price this box is more than I wanted. It has the extra effects that I might use sometimes. The distortion is perfect for me and the main reason I bought it. I would buy it again if something happened to it as it has replaced many of my Boss pedals.

This is built just as well as any Boss pedal if not better. I see no need for a backup unless you are really paranoid. I would have liked the stomps to be a little bigger. I like to be able to stomp two boxes at a time, but it's harder with this than with the Boss pedals.

I bought pedal about a month ago mainly for the distortion as I was looking for something different than the Boss DS-2 that I own. It also has a muti-effects section where you can use reverb, pitch shift, or tremolo separately. I like the deepness of the Distortion. there are three settings: clean, fuzz, and Overdrive. I use the fuzz setting the most. there are two problems with the distortion, 1. there's no nob for amount so it's fully on and 2. when you use the clean setting to just use the effects it's not truly bypassed. For me the second isn't a big deal because I use it mainly for distortion.

Shredy_Mc_shred
    I thought about gettin this but im still not sure the videos on youtube for this thing look good though.
    Genghis_khan
    Funny! I' researching about this pedal and this is the first review in whcih it has a very good comment about the distorsions! Everybody else seems to be thrilled by the reverbs, to like the tremolo and the pitch shifter and dislike or just consider mediocre the distorsion secction. I'm looking for a good reverb and this one comes with the plus of a tremolo, so I'll bu it very soon.