Hum Debugger review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Hum Debugger

Purchased from: long and mcquade

I'm using it with a Les Paul (Custom, EMG81, 60 set, Sperzel tuners, Gotoh bridge and tail) through my Korg tuner, and Boss Metal Zone into my Fender FM 212R. It completely removed all of the humm that I was originally getting, but the interesting part was that it also compressed my sound to a much nicer tighter tone it just works great.

I play a all sub genres of metal everything from Metallica (Kill 'Em All days) to new As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage, and it keeps it all nice and tight for the beautiful chugging. I've been playing for about 5 years now and ya I've tried a few other "noise gates" and they don't compare to this at all. If it was stolen I'd try to get it back and kill the guy if not I'd definatly buy another one. I love the fact that there's no bullshit controls to it, it's either normal or strong, a nice part about it is the fact that I comes with the ac adapter. This is definatly worth the cash the best noise gate/supressor out there buy it or die!

The thing is built in the USA (NY, NY) and it's built like a tank. Solid steel housing no bullshit. This thing will last a life time. I would definetly play a world tour with this thing. It is built to last no doubt about it, just great quality overall.

This thing has to be the easiest pedal to use, you have an input an output and a little mini toggle between "normal" and "strong". It comes with a limeted warranty haven looked at it really, it came with a CD with the guitar player peter stroud playing other EH pedals and stuff.

bekk7268
    I bought this nearly a year ago after watching a Dave Weiner review on youtube. It does eliminate most of the 60 cycle hum but it also changes the quality of sound to what I can only describe as fizzy. To my ears, there is a noticeable hole in the frequencies that can be more pronounced by setting the switch to strong and depending on the rest of your effects the unit seems to kill some overtones. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but to claim there is no difference is just not accurate. Attempting to compensate for this can be tricky and the benefits need to be weighed against the change in substance. Some may find less of the sustain that would ordinarily convert over to feedback to suffer. Please check the video reviews so you can judge with your own ears.
    GitterMan
    Anyone else have one? Im really looking for a noise suppressor and it is between this and the rocktron hush. I have yet to a review, but I notice they have "if it were lost or stolen I would kill someone" is that a prerequisite to writing a review? Just asking.
    forsaknazrael
    ^Yeah, I believe it is. I haven't written a review in a while, but I believe it is. I'm also considering buying this...But there's so little info on it, and so little reviews... I was gonna build a super gainy fuzz pedal, so this baby would help keep the nosie down. the reviewer mentions that it changes the a bit, and that's a concern...but still sounds like a far better option than a noise gate!
    zbones
    hey, i bought this pedal a few months ago. it kicks ass. I run a whole bunch of pedals in my chain so everything is super noisy, this thing really cleans it up. even when set to strong i found it cleaned up my shit and didn't dry up or thin out my sound. and it is a super heavy duty case, although the normal to strong switch could have been heavier, but it's all good. it's good gear, i'd buy it again if it were stolen.
    Goodstashhkr3w
    This is a great pedal, it does exactly what it says it does. I don't know about it humming other pedals because as of what I know, it is a pickup hummer. It is not a noise suppressor to suppress other pedals but rather buzz from your pick ups. However it also removes the buzz from my fender FM 212 R. It goes first in ur pedal chain just to let you know. Any one who can tell me whether or not it is a suppressor or pick up hummer let me kno! Thanks!