Knockout Attack Equalizer review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Knockout Attack Equalizer

Price paid: C$ 40

Purchased from: Used Local

I am using it with a PRS SE Semi Hollow, going through a Peavey Cassic 30. You can almost always get a good sound out of it. My only complaint is that there is a slight volume drop depending on what you have the knobs set at. But most of the time there is none.

I play a large variety of music, reggae, funk, jazz, rock, blues, hard rock. This works for all of them. I have been playing for almost five years. If it was stolen, I would definitely get another one. I love this pedal because there is a large variety of sounds I can get out of it. You can make humbuckers sound like single coils, and you can get a Strat to sound like a Tele. I love the dry knob. To me, it is the best feature, because it controls your tone the most. I wanted an eq pedal, but chose this one for its simplicity. With 3 knobs, it can get a wide variety of sounds. This is a pedal that will tweak your sound to the way you want it. I think every guitarist should have this pedal.

I can depend on it, and would definetly use it without a backup. It is in all metal casing and a solid switch. The knobs seem pretty sturdy, but are plastic. It would not break if you stomp on it, but I wouldn't try it.

First off, this is an awesome tweaking pedal. It is fairly easy to get a good sound out of it, since it only has 3 knobs, Low, Dry, and High. The Dry Knob controls the amout of "dry" in the sound. It is similar to a gain knob. I will rate this a 9.