Little Big Muff review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Little Big Muff

I use the Little Big Muff with a Fender Champion 110 75W amp and a Epiphone G-310 / Fender Strat / Ibanez JS1000. I like this pedal because it's virtually noiseless, which is a big upside from the distortion I get from the amp. I think this is a given, but do not use the Little Big Muff while on the Overdrive channel unless you want to get some really shit sounding distortion. You can get anything from clear crunchy to muddy and messy tones from this thing. With the sustain knob turned to max, the distortion is soooo sweet and crunchy. I love to play early Metallica songs on it, like Seek and Destroy.

I like to play metal, and this pedal can provide some sick, but not over the top, crunchy distortion; blues, which can be achieved with the sustain knob at about 3:00 and the tone knob at 1:00; classical: the reverb on my amp combined with the true bypass on the LBM are a great team; also, you can get some real nice Pink Floyd-esque smooth distortions from this, and some great southern rock tones. I have been playing about 2 1/2 years. I previously owned a Behringer FX1000 pedal, but the LBM is a huge step up from there. This little pedal simply rocks!

The Little Big Muff has a very solid yet light construction, and it can withstand almost anything. The only weak points are the plastic knobs, ESP. the tops, but they are only weak compared to the rest of the body. You need a sharp knife to even start doing some damage.

The Little Big Muff is great! Although the knobs are a little misleading, they're easy to figure out. The volume knob is selfexplanatory. The tone knob selects the bassness or trebleness of your input, and teh sustain knob should really be called drive, gain, or dist. It is so easy to get whatever type of fuzz you want from this thing.