Little Big Muff review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Little Big Muff

I run this pedal inbetween my LTD EC-1000 VHB with seymour duncans and my Vox AD30VT. This pedal is one of my favorites it is always on my board. It has a slightly different sound from the USA and Russian big muffs, kind of like a mix between the two. The distrtion can go from a crunchy AC/DC Overdrive to full out Hendrix fuzz. Good for White Stripes and Silversun Pickups stuff. Can sound just like Jack when used with my Micro POG. The effects never sound small or fake. I always keep the volume all the way up. I can use it with an already distorted signal to get a little boost with the sustain at 0.Great Vintage sounds and sounds good with a wah for a nasty sound. It is a fuzz pedal not just regular distorition so it's not good for everything.

This effect is one of the ones that I get the most practical use out of. I use it for different classic rock sounds and it sounds awesome on a bass too. I would deffinantly buy another one if it was lost or stolen. Electro harmonix makes some of the best pedals out there today. This pedal has everyhthing you could need to control it, It is simple and easy and you can get tons of great sounds out of it.

This thing is built like a tank I don't think it could ever break. I wouldn't gig with a backup but I would take a battery just in case. I don't expect it to ever break, but if it did Electro Harmonix has great customer support. I have played so many shows with this pedal and I constantly stomp on the Switch. The only thing I have ever had to do is replace batteries and tighten a nut around the switch.

The electro harmonix xo line of small compact di-cast pedals are some of the most simple pedals to use. With a sustain(distortion) tone and volume pedal it is extremly easy to work and you can get so many different sounds out of it. It can't get any simpler for a distortion pedal to have 3 knobs. Extremely easy to dial in the right kind of sound you want.

shwilly
    God-touched-me wrote: jt got one
    Hmm, so Justin Timberlake's got a Little Big Muff? I should've guessed...
    SLD.Potato
    WhereArtEsteban wrote: Neutral Milk Hotel's louder songs sounds like a Big Muff but thats just a guess.
    No, Jeff Mangum achieved the sound by recording a guitar part, and then recording the signal again over and over again until it got really fuzzy. Woo! I never knew that knowledge would come in handy!
    higherworlds
    examples of fuzz: queens of the stone age, rolling stones, fu manchu, white stipes, jimi hendrix, all the good artists
    Sonic Blast
    just out of curiosity... What are some examples of songs that would use fuzz? I have no experience with it.
    WhereArtEsteban
    Hendrix I believe had a Big Muff Prototype, when the White Stripes have a heavy distortion its a Big Muff. Neutral Milk Hotel's louder songs sounds like a Big Muff but thats just a guess. Steel Train's Jack Antonoff uses it in most of his solos on their new album Trampoline. I bought a Big Muff last week, Honestly though I wouldn't go for the little one. The Big Muff is only like 15 bucks more I think and the fun of the big muff is it's big ass knobs.
    underground48
    delos666
    rancidryan wrote: whats the difference between this and the bigmuff?
    yes,what's the difference between them...
    bass_monkey
    underground48 wrote: I bought one of these a few months ago and it was a good pedal until I stepped on the button and it stopped working, But it provides great tones and kicks marshall amplification ass
    How can a pedal kick an amps ass? :S
    jpk6044
    WhereArtEsteban : Hendrix I believe had a Big Muff Prototype, when the White Stripes have a heavy distortion its a Big Muff. Neutral Milk Hotel's louder songs sounds like a Big Muff but thats just a guess. Steel Train's Jack Antonoff uses it in most of his solos on their new album Trampoline. Dave Gilmour is also a noted Big Muff user.
    Fender_M1A
    This pedal is great, I love it. It is the defining characteristic of my tone. This an my Fender can get me all of the classic tones from the early 90s "grunge" scene, a la Mudhoney, (Early) Nirvana, Soundgarden. Great for stoner rock like Witch, The Sword, Priestess. It is impossible to not get a good tone out of this thing.
    Lopez72
    whats the difference between fuzz and overdrive? if i want an AC/DC or Led Zeppelin sound, should i get this?
    dadudeguy
    fuzz > overdrive. well to me at least. fuzz is usually more...over the top. basically when you hear fuzz thats tho only word you can use to describe the level of didtortion and low-end clipping.