Little Big Muff review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Little Big Muff

Purchased from: ebay

I use a 2002 Fender Highway one stratocaster and an Ibanez RG with DiMarzio pickups through a Vox night train. The sound is a great thick fuzz tone with lots of sustain. I like to combine it with my amp's Overdrive for a lead tone or with my Boss SD-1 to smoothe out the drive, get more sustain, and add some treble. With that being said it tends to get muddy on the neck pickup with the tone knob on the pedal rolled back a bit (which is why I use my Overdrive with it at times). This pedal is noisy even when the sustain knob isn't that high also so when paired with an Overdrive and some times my dyna comp... It gets even noisier. Also since it is a fuzz pedal there is a tendency to get lost in the mix but that's why there's a level knob on the pedal. Great pedal, Great tone, Really noisey and sometimes muddy.

I play rock and blues rock and have been playing for 4 years and it matches what I play. My amp gets trebley with the its distortion at high volumes so it's my main distortion. It can do 90's rock like RHCP and Smashing Pumpkins as well as Pink Floyd and Silversun Pickups. I wish someone would have told me about getting lost in a band situation but now I crank the level knob so it's all good. I love the tone the thick tone I can get from it. I hate the noise that comes along with it but its a small price to pay for that tone. I chose this pedal cause I heard it was an awesome pedal and they were not lying.

I can depend on this pedal. I really doubt it's going to break on me just randomly or from my foot. Unless I take a hammer to it or something. I've gigged without a backup before but the rhythm guitarist has a Big Muff he doesn't use so I got that if anything happens to it.

The LBM is the same thing as the Big muff just smaller and a more practical for a pedalboard. It has three knobs level, tone, and sustain. Level adjusts the output of the pedal, tone adjusts the tone of the pedal from muddier, bassy tone to a trebley, brighter tone. Sustain adjusts the amount of sustain (or gain) you want from the pedal. Pretty simple to use and is also true bypass.

damillion
    I havn't heard this one, but it's supposedly the same thing as the Big Muff, only smaller, and the Big Muff I've tried and owned. I LOVE the original pedal. To me it sounds better than any of the twists they've added to it in the shape of the germanium (supposedly better, but I think it sounds worse!) and the metal muff etc. This is a must have pedal for those about to fuzz!
    logicbdj
    I have not listened to this pedal, and so I'm not making comparisons. I recently ordered Kafuzz!!! and Mad Fly through DrNo-Effects.com and I never heard such heavy distortion or fuzz before. I'll likely do reviews once received.