Little Big Muff review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Little Big Muff

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

I used this pedal when I was playing lots of Rock and Heavy Rock music, I used solid body guitars with active pickups into a valve amp with many other pedals. Sounded excellent. It's not noisy, added a little extra oomph to the overdriven channels on my amp but nothing a noise suppressor couldn't handle. It's a very distinct effect, sounds a lot like Peter Frampton, Jimmy Page and Jack White. I hear there is a certain setting that if used, can create a sub-octave sound which beefs your guitar sound to no end. The sustain basically adds more effect and muffs the crap into it, giving a very cool smooth sound.

At the time I was playing lots of rock as stated above, it fitted this sound like a glove and I was often commended on my sound and was asked about my Drive sound. This thing was great, I say was and used the past tense a lot here as I sold it. This pedal was great and had an excellent sound, it just didn't fit my sound after I started playing heavier music. I was offered a good price on it and so, I sold it. The guy I sold it to still uses it 3 years on and it's still running and sounding good. Enjoy this pedal and for comic value, check this review.

Made of a die cast shell, solid as a rock, a good lookin rock and about as heavy. I used this several times without back up, it withstood my big boots slamming on it, the knobs didn't even budge and when I accidentally tripped on it once. I write below of how this thing's still running.

How easy is it to get a good sound out of this, easy as Pi, oooh, see what I did there(and it's probably been done before). There's no patches on this, the manual is bog standard, straightforward and comes with loads of stuff. Manuals, warranty cards, info on other EHX pedals and, I think this was the music shops effort, a few suggested setting.

bhatta
    Just got 1 3 days back... 1st impression.... Love the sound....
    Board2Death
    If you like to muff-out like a muffing mufftard, then this pedal is for you. With the little big muff EHX lets you have your muff and muff it, too.
    GuitarsGood
    Got It for christmas. Great pedal. Its not your everything distortion, but its still great.