Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Purchased from: guitar central

I have been playing 2 years. I use a Ibanez RG370DX with a floyd and EMGs. I stil only have a practice amp tho, but not to worry! The Metal Muff gives me a tone that could cost several thousand in amplefiers. It sounds amazing through anything. As I said before, you can sound like Malmsteen, Pantera, Slipknot or Metallica with this very easy and versatile pedal.

I play metal. as you can tell by the name of the product, it is suited for metal guitar players. If it were stolen, I would by another one as I can tell that in the near future, this pedal will become a classic like the Big Muff. I want to have an original! My favorite part of this pedal is the top boost setting as it gives a huge tonal variety. This pedal certainly lives up to the loved Muff name.

My friends and got drunk one night at my house one night (I was sober) and one of my friends thought it would be funny to throw my Metal Muff out the window to see is it burst into flames. He through it and there was an almighty thud. I thought that as it had been thrown 2 stories, it was done for. I went out side, shaked it and to my amazment there was nothing rattaling. I plugged it in the next day and it sounded just as amazing as when I bought it. I would use it on a gig without backup.

The Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff is new on the market and I love it. There are 2 footswitches, bypass (on/off) and top boost. There are 6 controls. Volume (for the volume you want), distortion (the amount of filth you want), top boost (for an extra bit of bite) and standard, low mid and high settings. I play the pedal with the bass at 5, mids at 4 and treble at 11. At this setting I get a Vintage malmsteen tone (even better than his signature pedal), the real deal is when you turn on the top boost. By toggeleing the top boost control, you get sounds from Metallica, to Pantera even to Slipknot if that's your thing.

brokenwizard
    yeah i want one of these, especially now i've read the review. i do wish you would check your spelling and stuff first though. it makes it an annoying read
    darkfire_storm
    ^ agreed. looks cool, and the spelling sucks. not the best or most helpful review, but i just found out about this pedal today, and so far it seems like a winner. i want one now...
    foundation_7
    i want one of these and you got it for a great price too but this is one of the most helpful reviews i have read so far