Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Purchased from: Guitar Center or Zzounds.com

I am currently using an ESP LTD H-1000 Deluxe on it with Duncan's JB and 59' pickups. I use a spider II 212 (shitty I know) and mainly play metal. I do dab into other genre's including hard rock and jazz and lighter material suck as Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. Their is a slight hum on hihg distortion while not playing, but then you just turn down your guitar. The tone is astonishing and the top boost is an amazing feature. I know most of you are comparing this to the Boss metal zone and this has much better tone. Better for palm muting and a clearer more distinct sound!

I went and borrowed a metal zone pedal from a friend and bought this to compare the tone and see which one was better. Well my Line 6 distortion didn't hold a candle to it at all, the metal zone was nice, easier harmonics and decent tone. It is also harder to dial in and lacks the tonal palette that the metal muff has. The metal muff can get a creamy overdriven sound if you turn down the distortion. I played as bold as love with it and it sounded killer! This thing does not blow the metal zone out of the water so don't rush out to go buy it unless you have a $600 amp and can tell the difference! I have been playing non-stop for 3 years and do covers such as needled 24/7 by Children Of Bodom. If this was lost or stolen, I would buy it again. The next day probably. I love the top boost feature, it really sails over the rest of the song when you need it to! I would like a independent volume knob for the top boost. 1 tone, 1 volume for the top boost. It's a bit we too loud in the bedroom. By design, it seems to have an volume increase as well as a treble boost, so this would be nice to fix with that voluem know I was talking about.

I really cannot say so far, only had it for a week. It was made in the USA and seems to be a sturdy rock solid case with quality parts inside. This thing is built like a rock, just as much, if not more so than a Boss pedal. I would use this without a backup, it is very very solid.

This pedal is very easy to get a good sound out of. There are a wide variety of easy tons to create that take all of 5 minutes to dial in! The sad thing is they do not tell you any presets in any manual of any kind! The box is rather bare with only the registration info and a CD of their other effect pedals.

M4jorpiz
    ive got one i use it for slide guitar like from the destroyers and as a pedal to make my guitar stand out in solos when im gigging. i was looking at damage control pedals which are like $300 but i found this pedal had more tonal options plus it was only $70
    danielmonkey30
    hi i am thinking about this pedal becuase of its massive gain,but is it any good for steve sorta sounding stuff and high gain solos
    danielmonkey30
    hi i am thinking about this pedal becuase of its massive gain,but is it any good for steve vai sorta sounding stuff and high gain solos
    PISS
    this is a dope pedal. it's my personal favorite heavy distortion pedal, and i have played other greats, such as the LINE 6 uber metal, the MXR dime distortion and the BOSS metal zone, which i own as well as a metal muff.
    james4
    I own one and it's great, but does anyone know how it will sound if I buy a tube amp?
    Tarquin
    sammcl-15 wrote: Try ordering it off thomann.de?
    yeah thats where i got it from, it should come tomorrow YAY!!!