Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

I currently use an Epiphone SG, Marshall HDFX100 half stack, Boss TU-2 tuning pedal, and a Crybaby Slash Wah Pedal with it. It doesn't make my wah sound bad or rob any of my guitars tone. Overall this pedal is awesome. It can become a little noisy if you crank the top boost and distortion all the way up, but it is an overwhelming amount of distortion that you probably would not need. When I have it on without the top boost and I play (with the current settings I have on it) I can get the same tone as Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold, and Slash from Guns N' Roses.

Overall this pedal is fantastic. I play mostly metal and 80's rock and this pedal produces some of the best tones for it. I've only played for about two years, but I know how to play a few descently challenging solos, and when I play the solo for Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses or the solos for any of the Avenged Sevenfold tunes, this pedal does an amazing job for me. When I first bought this pedal I had been looking at many others to decide what I should get, and I compared it to a few Boss pedals and such and I just fell in love with this thing at guitar center. I highly recommend you get this pedal!

I would say that the pedal is a very reliable pedal. I can easily go to a gig with my band and trust that this thing will get the job done. Whether it's a short gig or a 2 hour gig I know this pedal would get you through the whole thing while it kept it's excellent tone. You don't have to worry about taking a backup pedal or anything like that for the gig. This pedal alone for the distortion is great. Maybe buy a few other pedals for the performance like a Boss TU-2 tuning pedal or others that will help you on stage.

The sound from this product is excellent, I highly recommend this for anyone Who is serious about their guitar playing. It is incredibly easy to use and after a little bit of getting used to, you can make all kinds of great distortion sounds from it. Whether your looking to get a clear rock sound or a nice metal tone this pedal will do it. It came with a small manual to help you figure out what all the different knobs and things on the pedal did and it was extremely helpful.

fleh
    james4 wrote: I own one and it's great, but does anyone know how it will sound if I buy a tube amp?
    yes BETTER -cant decide between this n a vox bulldog if any1 got a suggestion for pantera - sryle metal
    zapatista89
    how versatile is the pedal, would you be able to do classic rock as well as metal through it, cos if so im deffinetly getting it