Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

This pedal is very versatile and produces many different metal tones, Metallica, Scorpions, Ratt, (AC/DC, not metal, but this pedal is certainly good at doing AC/DC) and many others. You can really scoop those mids with this thing's tone controls and if you want that extra crunch, the top boost button is the way to go. Every tone I've tried on this pedal, I've come to love.

Overall, veerry good pedal, I got this pedal expecting to get one certain tone out of it, and got much more, which is great. It's good for any particular style of metal you want to do, If you want to do good chunky rhythm, it can do it, if you want a scorching hot lead, it's made for that too. In my opinion, if you can't afford really expensive gear at the moment and you want the best bang for the buck, get this pedal!

Looks very sturdy, made of metal, but I haven't really "tested" its durability to be sure about how destructible it is, but it definitely looks like it can take a beating if it has to. If I absolutely HAD to nit Pick about it though, it has plastic knobs (plastic = weak), but I truly don't care, since when has a knob been the most important component of a distortion pedal?

This pedal's controls are very up front, and you'll know exact what to do with it out of the box. It puts the knobs in your face, each one does it's job well and you can notice quite a difference with each of the different tone controls. Anyone could be given this and not be overwhelmed with the controls.

Triviumsucks666
    mikerockstar : Okay... what I can't really figure out is... can this do MODERN metal? Huge respect to the bands that influenced it (Pantera, Metallica, Maiden, etc.)... but it seems that wherever I go trying to find info on this thing, people praise it but they all play Maiden and other 80's metal. I'm looking for something that can do Metalcore, Deathcore, Grind, and Heavy Rock. I'm talking about the more scooped and heavy-as-f*#& tones that you get from bands like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, As Blood Runs Black, All Shall Perish, August Burns Red, Bloodjinn, Darkest Hour, Demon Hunter, It Dies Today... and other bands of a heavy rock variety such as Staind, Sevendust, Breaking Benjamin, Thousand Foot Krutch, Three Days Grace, etc. Can this pedal do THAT type of stuff? POSTED: 01/03/2008 - 06:36 pm / quote |
    no one gives a shit about that ****ing terrible crap
    rich6870
    What a pedal once you scoop down the mid range. It makes my Marshall DSL401 growl like a demon. Only 55 at Dolphin Music. Cheeper than a night out on the town.
    Whiskky
    AbstractDeth7X wrote: The best distortion pedal you are going to find is the Boss Metal Zone. I played with the metal muff a while back and I liked it, but the distortion didn't get as heavy as I had hoped. This certainly is not a problem with the MZ.
    Are you actually serious?
    Bletic
    doesnt the MetalZone sound digital as crap? and does the Metal Muff sound equally as digital?