Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Purchased from: ebay

I use this pedal with a Peavey Windsor, and a Crate V18 when I'm just practicing at home. The distortion that you get out of this pedal is amazing. You can replicate just about any modern metal bands sound with it. Really hard to put the sound into words. Check out some of the review videos online and you will see what I mean!

I play rock and metal, and this pedal is a perfect match for both. I've been playing guitar now for a few years and I've owned a couple of other distortion stompboxes and none of them really came close to this one. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one, especially if I could fine one as cheap as this one. I have tried many other distortion pedals in the past... and none compare to the Metal Muff.

I've only had this pedal for 6 months or so, but I got it used so I'm not sure how old it is. I have gigged a couple of times with it already and so far so good. This thing is constructed like a tank so I'm sure it will stand up to a lot of abuse.

This pedal is perfect for anybody Who love metal. It has a 3-band EQ built in, as well as the top boost. Fairly simple to set up, even if it is your first pedal. Control knobs from left to right are as follows: Distortion, Bass, Mid, Treble, Top Boost, Volume. The top boost is on a separate Switch so you can kick that in to play solos.