Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Price paid: € 83

Purchased from: Muziker.sk

I run this through Vox VT15 valvetronix into BC Rich Exotic Warlock (with 1 Rockfield fat ass p.u. In the bridge possition). The noise is quite low, the amp has got noise reduction so I don't see any problem. It's raising a little with adding more gain. Also through headphones, the noise is a little bit higher. But when you don't use the headphones the sound is awesome! I thought that the valvetronix has got enough distortion, but compared with the Metal muff, it's nothing. The treble booster works good. But don't put it on higher levels (more than 12 o'clock) 'cause it's earpiercing. It doesn't have the true bypass, but I didn't noticed any difference between the amp sound and bypassed sound through metal muff. So... This pedal kicks ass! I'll give it 9 becuse nothing is perfect.

I play mainly trash metal (Metallica) and this pedal suits this style of music perfectly. Just play with the knobs and you'll get wide range of oder sounds. I haven't been playing for a long time, but I decided to write this, because I was amazed with the brutality of the distorted sound. If this thing was stollen, I would definitely buy it again. And kill that dumb-ass at first. Finally, I'm sorry for my English.

Nothing plastic (just the knobs), the hole construction is made from steal. It looks very durable. I don't gig, but if I did, I would use it without any worries. Just buy the power supply. Changing batteries you must remove four screws on the bottom of the pedal and it takes some time.

It's pretty easy to use, even when you are beginners. You can find many videos on EHX's web page showing different set ups. The manual is really poor and doesn't help you with anything. In it's case, there's a little "book" with other EHX's products and two CDs showing reviews (or presentation) of those products.

r3h0ld3r
    I've got one. Like it. I also agree that the top boost makes it really trebly, but I suppose I could fool with the EQ a bit more.