Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

I'm using it with an Ibanez GRX40 Electric Guitar and with a Marshall MG15FX amp. It not noisy at all. I put all the knobs on high and it doesn't hum or nothing. The effects is not weak, is like a stampede of horses coming at you, strong and responsive. Yes I can get the sound of my favorite band, System of a Down, the guitarrist in that band has a unique, rich, meaty sound. The pedal is a distortion pedal with boost and it is just great.

I play hard rock, nu metal and so on and the pedal is just perfect for me, I have been playing for two years, I have A Ibanez GRX40 Electric Guitar, a Marshall MG15FX amp, a Vox Wah Pedal, a Danoelectro distortion pedal. I'm satisfied with this pedal theres nothing that I would ask about if I'm buying it again. If were stolen or lost I would get the same one right away. What I love about this Distortion Pedal is that its very easy to setup and to use, the sound that it delivers is awesome. I compare it with a Boss ML-2 Distortion Pedal and I chose this One cuz It is just great, good sound, and in a afordable price. I'm satisfied with this pedal so I wont ask for anything else from this pedal

I would definitely depend on it! I would use it on a gig without any kind of backup. This pedal is just great. It leaves you amazed with the sound that it delivers. It portatile because it is not that heavy and you can use it alone or with any other effects, but its a pedal that I would recomend to anyone.

How easy is it to get a good sound out of it? As easy as pluggin in, setting the knobs as you want and rock and roll. The manual is in such easy way that even someone that doesn't know english will get it. I don't really know if the unit has been upgraded.

vennaco
    Bletic wrote: AbstractDeth7X wrote: The best distortion pedal you are going to find is the Boss Metal Zone. I played with the metal muff a while back and I liked it, but the distortion didn't get as heavy as I had hoped. This certainly is not a problem with the MZ. doesnt the MetalZone sound digital as crap? and does the Metal Muff sound equally as digital?
    Have owned both of these pedals and they both pretty much suck. The metal zone is quite simply the worst distortion pedal I've ever played, fizzy, sterile, it's basically a glorified toy. While the Muff is better it's still a pretty bad. I've given up on distortion pedals. They don't even come close to the sound of a decent amp distortion and are a complete waste of money. Have tried the zvex, radials and mesa pedals and didn't like them either (although they all blow the metal muff out of the water) Save your money and buy a proper amp.