Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Purchased from: Bentley Music

I am currently using a Jackson RR3 guitar and unfortunately a Fender Frontman 15G amplifier, but surprisingly it sounds really good. You just have to try it to believe it. The distortion is pretty kick a$$, I can easily achieve sounds of Metallica, Iron Maiden and many more. What I especially love about this distortion pedal is the 'top boost'. What happens basically is it boosts the treble/highs to give you a mean sounding distortion. With it you can come real close to a Pantera like guitar sound.

The Metal Muff w/Top Boost certainly appeals to the type of music I play(Which is mostly metal and rock). Yes, It also sounds good when playing rock songs. I have been playing for over 4 years now, I tried many different distortion pedals, but this is my favorite out of all of them. If it were stolen or lost I would without a doubt buy it again.

This pedal is definitely durable, it has withstood many travels and stomping upon, and yet not a single scratch. With the amplifier I have currently I wouldn't plan on doing any gigs, but I would put my trust in this box of steel to do the job without fail.

This pedal is actually pretty easy to use, but like every other effect pedal you have to play around with it to find the "perfect sound". This pedal has a Bypass(on/off switch), knobs for volume, distortion, 3 band eq(treble, mid and bass) and last but not least, top boost.

grungelive72
    I run this through my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and it sounds like a dream. Even when the volume is high and I get a bit of the sweet tube breakup. However, I absolutely hate the top boost. It gets gross after around 10 o'clock. The lead guitarist in my band uses a BOSS metal-core and he agrees mine sounds better. Definitely one of the best distortion pedals out there.
    dirtfoot
    AbstractDeth7X wrote: The best distortion pedal you are going to find is the Boss Metal Zone. I played with the metal muff a while back and I liked it, but the distortion didn't get as heavy as I had hoped. This certainly is not a problem with the MZ.
    It's no surprise that when conjures a name for itself such as "AbstractDeth7X" would be inclined to such stupidity. Metal Zone, the best distortion? hahaha!