Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Purchased from: GAK

I used it with a Marshall dfx, which is gladly out of my life now, with a ESP sc 607. You can basically get any sound from the pedal I found. Without the top boost on you get a very dirty chugish sound that would suit anything from heavy rock to Grunge styles of playing. With the top boost though you can quite easily get some really nice mid-ranged metal tones. I found pulling off the gain but keeping the top boost around the midway mark gave me a really nice sound without being to distorted and fizzy. My only draw back is that it does produce a fair amount of background noise while in the pedal chain. With a Boss ns-2 though that was completely covered.

For my style of playing it worked amazingly. At the time I was playing more parkway drive, as I lay dying sort of music and that high gain but still clear sound was what I was after. Now thought he pedal has been relegated because I'm playing through at Engl fireball which has enough gain and tightness for me. For the price and what it does this pedal is great. No regrets in buying it and I don't plan on selling it any time soon just incase I find another use for it.

Never had a problem with it. Hasn't broken once, no hick ups or anything. It's taken several heavy stomps from me and doesn't even have a scratch on it. I wish all my pedals were made like this.

I brought this pedal quite a while ago when i was younger and still using a smallish marshall. The controls are really simple, just a three band eq, gain, volume and top boost. There are two robust metal foot switches attached to this aptly coloured metal casing. It has the standard 9v jack as well so you can use a power pack. Mine came in a nice box with instructions and a little EH leaflet on other products.