Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

It sounds great! I have a Fender Strat with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge position, and it sounds really good. I also play it through a Fender Mustang II amp, which is solid state, and it till sounds really good! The pedal has some noise when oh. Rank it though, and you NEED him buckets for this, or a noise suppressor. But my amp has built in noise suppressor. Either way it's not that noisy.

I spay Metallica, Slipknot, and even Nirvana. This pedal nails all of the sounds. I probably would buy another one of these if it were stolen. I live the EQ, you really can sculpt your distortion.

It's a tank. The bottom plate has 4 thick screws, and the metal is pretty thick. Its not gonna break. I would gig with it without a backup. BUT get a power supply, it eats batteries. Mine came with a EHX battery. But still, a power supply is necessary.

This petal isn't the easiest to use. It can get great sounds but it takes a few minutes to eq it and adjust the sound. And it's manual has no presets in it. But after you learn how to get a decent sound, you can tweak it to make it great, and then you are good to go!