Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Purchased from: Some dude

I use this with a variety of guitars but mainly with a Fender Frontman 25R amp with Eminence bass driver to give it huge bass.It's not noisy at all. You can really dial in your own true metal sound, the sound that's all yours. This pedal can do that, it's almost unlimited in the realm of metal sound. You can for get a Dimebag tone out of it, no problem. I have mine set to sound a little Dime and a James Hetfield, right in between. Sweet metal!

I play metal only, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Volbeat, System Of A Down. I've been play since 1983 and have tried just about every pedal available in my long and epic musical career. I own a Boss MT2 and I love that pedal too but it just does not compare to this Metal Muff. If you play metal do yourself a solid and Pick one up, you can create the metal sound of your dreams.

I have only had this until 2 days now and the only problem I have noticed is me.When switching from Bypass to distortion or distortion to top boost, it was kind of struggle it's way to the change but I think it was me not letting the switch freely disengage with my foot. If not and the unit is messed up I will definitely buy a new one, that's how impressed I am with it.

Very easy to use pedal, straight forward, no manual needed. There are basically 3 channels as I call them. Bypass (clean), distortion and Top Boost. Bypass for clean, distortion for heavy riffs and top boost for solos or harmonizing. I believe this metal monster is easier to use that most pedals because the controls are so big and easily tweaked.

devideva
    Metal Muff Top Boost is a good pedal. Especially if you get it used from Guitar Center Used for 40-+ bucks. Really is about the best thing. MT-2 Boss Diesel modded is pretty rockin. Nothin is all or nothin.