Metal Muff With Top Boost review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff With Top Boost

Purchased from: Instrumentos Allegro (Venezuela)

My main guitar is a LTD F100FM modified with EMG 81/85 pickups, and a 30 watts Laney Hardcore series amp, I have used it together with my old multi-effects pedal (DigiTech RP355) to add effects like chorus or delays and sounds great, but I kinda prefer use it without the multi effect something, I really liked was the inclusion of TOP BOOST, quite useful for soloing or simply to give more power to the tone.

My curiosity to try out this pedal was quite big, Metal Muff by Electro-Harmonix is one of the best pedals when playing heavy metal music, you can archive the tone of the most classical stuff like Judas Priest or iron maiden and able to get the Extreme tone from bands like Kreator, Slayer and Lamb Of God. I like playing many genres of Heavy Metal (Classic Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal) and currently play in a Melodic Death Metal Band The pedal adapts perfectly to my style, another guitar with which I tested is the Ibanez GRG270 and also achieves a great sound to it. Previously had a Boss MT-2 but this baby sends him straight to hell! (just kidding, I sell it) I also had the opportunity to play with an Electro-Harmonix Nano Metal Muff but seriously speaking that's the dumb little brother of the Metal Muff with Top Boost. What I most love about this pedal is the Top Boost, since not many pedals offer the option to boost your sound without the need for another pedal and the sound quality offered by the metal muff, the only thing I hate about it is that your battery does not last nearly nothing and to buy its power supply not included. I would not hesitate to buy it back if it is stolen or if I loose it.

The best metal distortion pedal I ever own, good quality, large, Resistant, with tight knobs with pretty solid and responsive switches, I do not think you can ask for more, but something that I have to criticize is that the battery does not last long so I always use it with its power supply. I've used this pedal in several gigs now, with and without my multi effect pedal sounds great, until this day not change it for another pedal.

The pedal consists basically of: six knobs Volume, Top Boost, Bass, Mid, Treble, And Distortion, and two footswitches: The Top Boost switch and the Bypass / Drive Switch. At first I had to familiarize myself with the equalizer, is quite responsive a little treble or mid to spare make the difference (and that is quite a pain in the a-s), But as you get to know its system you can go from a classic hard rock sound like Whitesnake, through heavier sounds even to a crazy-a-s Dimebag Darrell distortion style, but, Let's face it no one is buying this bad boy to play Whitesnake.

luxurygoodstore
    It also sounds good when playing rock songs. I have been playing for over 4 years now, I tried many different distortion pedals, but this is my favorite out of all of them. If it were stolen or lost I would without a doubt buy it again.http://www.luxurygoodstore.com
    sta789
    I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that's cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, Red97dotcom