Micro Metal Muff review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Micro Metal Muff

Purchased from: Amazon

I'm currently running this pedal with a Cort X2 and either a Marshall MG 10CD or a Peavey Vypyr 15; depending on whether I'm practicing alone or with my band. On both amps this pedal can crank up some serious distortion; perfect for my playing style which is mainly "punk with metal influences" with a little bit of hard rock. The top boost setting however; I'm not too sure on. The Low end is nice for chugging rhythms but the High boost comes out a little too sharp for my liking and its hard to change between the two halfway through a song. However, without boost this pedal is awesome for any rock styles but it really excels in high-distortion stuff.

I really love this pedal & if it was stolen I would buy another because it was incredibly cheap, especially for the amount of punch it produces. Beautiful.

I haven't gigged with this pedal yet but it's survived many journeys in my bag & has survived me tripping on it; stepping on it etc etc. I would take it to a gig without a backup without a worry; but the only problem is is the battery life can be quite poor; so I'd change batteries just before gigging.

This pedal is about as easy as 1, 2, 3. The simple Vol/Tone/Distortion layout with Top boost switch just above the on/off switch is pretty hard to not understand. Nicely designed.