Micro POG review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Micro POG

Purchased from: ebay

I use this pedal with a few different model Ibanez guitars, my other effects, all going to a Peavey Windsor. The Micro POG works well on bass as well. This pedal sounds great all around, clean or distorted. The octave effect is very clean and the tracking is perfect. You cannot catch a glitch anywhere in the tracking. I mainly use it with a little bit of chorus to really bring out a clean section. With the dry knob at 12 o'clock, sub octave knob at 1 o'clock, and octave up knob at 4 o'clock, a clean guitar will sound similar to a church organ. Very clean and full.

I play rock and metal music and this pedal works for the clean sections that I mentioned above. The Micro POG will work for any genre that you would need an octave pedal for though. I've been playing for a few years now and I own quite a few different effects pedals. The Micro POG is one of my favorites. Super easy to use, perfect compact size, and great tones come from it. I hate nothing about this pedal. I've tried other octave pedals in the past, and there was always a register that wouldn't track right. That is not the case with the Micro POG. If it were lost or stolen I would order another one immediately.

I've had this pedal for a few months now and it has yet to give me problems. If it's anything like the Electro-Harmonix pedals I own now, or have owned in the past, it never will! This quickly became one of my favorite pedals I own. I would definitely use this pedal on a gig without a backup.

The Micro POG from Electro-Harmonix is a cool little octave pedal that allows you to mix your dry signal as well as the 1 octave down and 1 octave up signals. Very simple to control, each feature has it's own control knob. Also includes dry and wet outputs. Essentially, you can make your guitar sound like a 12-string or even an 18 string! Mine did not come with a manual because I got it used, but it did come with the standard power supply.

waysay
    Thes pedals can make your guitar sound like an organ.....I love them wholeheartedly.
    vennaco
    ExtremeMetalFTW wrote: can you go down an octave only? (as in, w/o any other effects)
    Yes. You can use just an octave down or just an octave up. Or you can mix it with or without the dry signal, whatever way you wish really. It's very versatile. I use it both on guitar and on bass and it's excellent with both. It's very hard not to get a good sound out of this. I have/had loads of different pedals, both boutique and the cheaper stuff (boss! pure shite with the exception of their digital delays) and this is hands down my favourite pedal EVER!
    Slap-happy
    Just had mine delvered. To the office. And I have six hours of work before I get to play...
    Slap-happy
    Now that I've had this for a little while I find it to be one of the best "accessory" buys I have ever made. Anyhting from ear-piercing, high octave lead lines, through to fat rhythms and organ-like clean chords. It's quite hard not to over use at times, although I seem to be able to get away with it in my current band's three-piece line up. I highly recommend trying one out when you get the chance, regardless of style.