Nano Clone review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Nano Clone

The effect itself sounds good but there is a signal drop when you turn it on which is annoying, but not a deal-breaker. Also, it can get noisy when used with distortion but lots of pedals do. It has a very basic chorus sound good for clean and distorted sounds.

This is a good chorus pedal for people on a budget who want a good reliable chorus. If you have the money get a more expensive one but otherwise this will do. One thing you should know is it needs to have its own AC adapter, so it will not work with 1Spot, Pedal Brick, etc. That is the only thing that really bugs me about it. If it broke or got stolen I would save up and buy a Boss Chorus Ensemble but for now I am content.

I have not gigged with this pedal but it seems to be sturdy and I have not had any problems with it. I would trust it as much as any other pedal in a gig. But again, I have no reason to know that it is very reliable because I have not used it live. One thing I have noticed is a lot of dust gets caught under the speed knob so you will need to clean that every once in a while.

The pedal is very easy to use. It only has one knob that changes the rate of the effect. I wish it had a depth knob on it but oh well, it works fine without it. Just in case you don't know, a chorus pedal is an effect that doubles your guitar sound and modulates the doubled signal giving the guitar a shimmering sound.

vennaco
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in the pedal description it says that it's an analogue pedal and I'm pretty sure that it isn't. The NEO clone has the same circuitry as the original and analogue small clone but the nano does not. Tried this pedal, very limited but it had one setting I liked which was the rate knob turned all the way down. Get the Neo clone instead of this.