Nano Holy Grail review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Nano Holy Grail

Price paid: C$ 125

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I have 2 amps, one has reverb built in, but this was to be used with my Dual Rectifier, and it adds a really nice element to the clean channel. As a bonus on my Mesa Express 5:25, if you stack this reverb onto the signal for the built in reverb, you get a really cool layered sound that works well for certain types of songs. On it's own it adds a reverb that's hard to complain about, flerb setting is almost like a lightning crashes sound...

I play mostly blues and classic rock stuff. I've been playing about 5 years, but I'm at it at least an hour a day, often 3-4 hours... I've built up a decent collection of guitars and gear including an American Strat, a Mexi Strat, a Gretsch 5122, a Gibson LP Studio, and a Taylor 410CE... A couple small practice amps as well as the 2 Mesa's mentioned above. I've got a variety of pedals on my board as I'm learning about how they work together building "my sound". I really like the sound of this pedal and if it were stolen etc... I'd go right to the nearest store to replace it.

I had this pedal about 6 weeks and it died while playing at home. I don't think this is a design flaw or a common issue with these, I think I just got a lemon. L&M replaced it right away no problem, and the replacement unit is working well. It's built solid, and EH has a great reputation... But since I had an issue I have to account for that in the score. I fully believe this unit will last a very long time.

I bought this pedal 2 months ago, set it up on my board and had a nice sound out of it in about 5 minutes. A little switch for the 3 types of effect, and a knob to adjust the amount of efect. I can't imagine it being easier to use. It even came with it's own power supply.

Russtopher
    I find it to be quite good. Especially for the price I paid for it. I recommend it.
    marektokar
    It sounds good because it requires 500 mA source it doesnt work correctly with anything else thats why it sounds huge
    john.hayes.7505
    this pedal is a complete waste of time. dosent work with my t-rex power supply and dosent use batteries. whats the point of a pedalboard sized unit that is useless on a pedalboard. RETURNED