Nano LPB-1 review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Nano LPB-1

Purchased from: Reidys The Home of Music

I use it with a few other effects into my Marshall TSL100, 1960A Cab. My guitars are an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Gibson 490R and 498T Pick ups and a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Stratocaster & a USA PRS Custom 24. This pedal is fantastic. what's it does it it pushes your amp harder. I don't really use it on the clean channel but with its only knob cranked to around 2 o clock on the crunch and lead channels it kicks the Marshall into the 'zone'. Even my Squier fattens up a lot and gets great sustain, yet still sounds like a Strat... On my Les Paul and PRS its can get insane soaring lead sounds..! If you are wondering if this pedal is worth buying, well it absolutely is.

I play all sorts of music, mainly rock music with little forays into blues, jazz and fusiony stuff. I could not do without this little magic box now. I wish I discovered one of these years back when I was gigging more. All I can say is that this has a permanent place on my pedalboard.

Yes its tough, its an EHX Nano - enough said. Solid. Switch is good quality. Other pedals which I use are Akai Drive 3 Fuzz, MXR 10 Band EQ, TC Vortex Flanger, Vox Delaylab, Boss CH1 Chorus, Boss DS1 Distortion, Boss CS3 Compressor, Cry Baby Wah and a Behringer Vintage Phaser (a very cool Phaser btw).

Simples, press the switch and turn up the amount of boost you need. There is a manual but you don't need one. Its probably the simplest pedal I have owned. The small size means is pedal board friendly and it has the usual standard centre negative 9v dc power input... This is the first EHX Nano pedal I have bought and I have to say it is nice.

MRoby
    The magic with these is that they are cheap, and they do a very solid job. I use mine to thicken up leads, and to add a little volume (not loudness volume, like size volume) to my blackstar when pulling out the seven string.
    Satchriani
    Just got one for 30 bucks.Well,it seems a bit noisy but on my tube Super Tramp it sounds excellent while soloing. A tube is a tube,but such a little thing can slip the hell out A solo guitar musthave!