Nano Neo Clone Review

1,170
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Nano Neo Clone Reviewed by: Zombie78, on june 19, 2015

Purchased from: Friend

Ease of Use: The Neo Clone Chorus is probably the easiest pedal to set up. Plug in, turn the pedal on, turn the rate knob until it sounds good to you, decide if you want a light depth setting or a deep depth setting, you're done. Dead simple to use. It isn't as versatile as some of the other choruses out there, but it is capable of some really good sounds about bought this pedal from a friend of mine that didn't need it anymore so I didn't get a manual with it, but you don't really need it. You'd have to be brain dead to have any problems with getting a good sound out of this pedal. // 9

Sound: The Neo Clone Chorus suits my style very well! I play a lot of different styles of rock and I like to use this to add either a shimmery ambiance with the depth switch down to a watery atmosphere with the switch up. This will get you the chorus sound from Nirvana's "Come as You Are." I use this with either an Epiphone SG, or an Ibanez RG > Boss TU-3 > Line 6 Distortion Modeller > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > EHX Neo Clone Chorus > Line 6 DL 4 Delay Modeller > Vox AD15TV amp. This pedal isn't noisy at all. This pedal can get a lot of different sounds for having such limited controls. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I know that this pedal can handle live gigging and the studio. It's already been gigged with heavily! It's pretty tough! The hardware on the Neo Clone is pretty sturdy. I know it can handle the abuse that I can throw at it. I use it a lot, I can totally believe that I can depend on this pedal. I know it was gigged heavily before I got my mitts on it, and I use it on my clean tone a lot, so I can totally use this live without a backup. The one thing about this pedal is that the finish will start to come off after a little while but it gives it a cool look and a lot of character. // 9

Overall Impression: I play punk rock, alternative, rock, industrial rock, classic rock, and a little bit of metal (but not too much). The Neo Clone is a great match for what I do. This is the only chorus I own right now and it's really a good chorus. If this were lost or stolen I'd be p*ssed, but I would just go get an other one. I love the fact that EHX came out with a smaller more pedalboard friendly version of their Small Clone Chorus. Same analog chorus, just smaller. I don't like the depth switch. They should have used a depth knob for a little more variation in depth. // 8

Comments