Nano Pocket Metal Muff review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Nano Pocket Metal Muff

I run it with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus top and a Peavey Vypyr 15. It is not noisly at all, in fact I've never had troubles with it. The effects sound good most of the time, whether your running it over a crunch (through your amp) or crisp and clean under it. I don't like to run it over more distortion then a crunch though, because I think it sounds horrid.

I play anything from classic rock to hair metal. This is perfect for both of those. If there is one thing I wished it had, it would be a tone knob instead of the scoop selector. If it were stolen or lost, I would look for one used, but if I couldnt find one, I'd buy a proco rat, (tried one out at the store they were sweet but didn't have enough cash on me and I needed a pedal for band practice so I took this home and was surprised of how good it was for $50). All in all, I'd say definately give it a shot. (BTW if it did have a tone knob instead of the scoop I wouldve taken this one any day over the rat).

I think you can definately depend on it in a gig, because it is made out of a solid metal. The button on it feels like it could last a lifetime. I would be comfortable using it in a gig without a backup. I even bought mine used and it is very solid, so if you can find one used go for it and save an extra $20, knowing that the pedal is going to be solid no matter what.

The pedal has two knobs (volume, gain) and one scoop selector Switch (off, low, high). Extremely simple to use and even easier to get a good sound out of it. If you want more distortion, turn the distortion to the left. Same with the volume. If you like deep growls you just flip the scoop up high. If you like piercing metal treble keep the scoop off. Simple as that.

pipebarrero
    I have this pedal, it´s pretty awesome, the scoop of mids is very wide, and I boost it with a LPB1 and it screams. Love this little guy.