POG review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: POG

Purchased from: eBay

I'm a professional musician (I'm 22) I play many different gigs for others as well as with my band so I have to use only the good stuff. I have a load of effects that use before and after the POG, but my guitar and amp set-up is a Fender mex strat, a Fender Jaguar MIJ (12 years old), and I use both a Fender Deluxe 90 and a Vox AD100VT combo amps. I've been playing for 9 years so I can definitely tell you that the tracking on the POG is fantastic. Never misses your notes and getting your solos fat or completely changing the sound of your instrument to sound like an organ (my personal favorite). It works well with every effect you can think of no issues there. I know that John Frusciante of the chilis used this for the solos on Snow Hey OH but I can't really think of anyone else except maybe Omar Rodriquez-Lopez.

I play many many styles but if you had to concise it down or give it a label it would be progressive experimental funk rock, but I also do a solo acoustic work as well. If you want to hear it check my profile. What I really like about it is how well developed the sound is, but I hate the fact that you essentially have to use their adapter. I've tried using my power supply with the 1 spot converter, but it was a no go. I also don't like where the toggle button is placed, but that's a minor thing. If it was lost or stolen I'd go into an Incredible Hulk Rage and then get a new one.

The POG is very dependable and built well. It is electro harmonix can only expect as much. As for gigs no backup needed in any way. It'll keep on trucking I assure you.

The POG or Polyphonic Octave Generator is a great octave pedal that can really thicken your sound. It's very straightforward from the start. It's good to look at the manual to get some suggested settings which are actually applicable. I give it a perfect score for that.