Small Clone Full-Chorus review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Small Clone Full-Chorus

Purchased from: Music123.com

Current setup is a Schecter Gryphon to DF-7 Distortion to the Small Clone to Line 6 Spider II 15 amp. With both of my pedals on, it tends to be a bit noisy depending on where I angle my guitar in accordance with my amp, which is strange. The definition of the pedal's frequency rate (warble-rate) sound could be in a better range but from low to high, it's not that bad. Considering I play mostly Nirvana, this is the perfect pedal for it. Overall, this chorus pedal is kick-ass for everything that it is, a simple sounding pedal. Great sounding, but simple to control the outcome.

This is a simplistic, easy to control, and bang for the buck pedal. It's a guitarist's dream for a pedal like this, the design, the look, the simplicity, everything about it makes me want to drool. If it were stolen, I would defocate in the theif's mouth. I have fallen in love with this pedal, and can barely complain at all about it. If you love Nirvana, buy this pedal. If you love a great pedal for cheap, also, buy this pedal. Please, I beg you to get this pedal!

At this point in time, the pedal looks solid. I'm a little skeptical of the soft-looking metal top, but if it worked in mud for Kurt, I think it will do fine with my minor abuse of my gear. I find this an interesting construction for a pedal. The bottom is black and leather looking, but is really metal. The top is sweet looking, one sexy looking pedal. I'm sort of afraid of having to change the 9V battery it takes because the slot is metal that you must bend up to put the battery in. Well, I doubt I would be able to purchase another one of these or another chorus pedal in general, so no back-up for me. That's what I have my effects-filled amp for.

The legendary pedal of choice of Kurt Cobain. Lucky for all us simple minded people, this thing is definately easy to use. 'Rate' knob controls the 'warble-rate' (low or high, tends to be a bit bassy) and the 'depth' switch controls the extensiveness of the selected rate effect. Also switches on/off bass sound from the pedal, as I have noticed. The manual: a simple, straight forward pink sheet of paper. Easy to use out of the box without instruction, but I'm sure it'll come in handy sometime or another. A very easy to use, and straight forward Chorus pedal.