Small Clone Full-Chorus review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Small Clone Full-Chorus

I run my cheap guitars, an Oscar Schmidt OE30 Delta King (at low volume) and my Samick Superstrat ripoff (at high volume), Through a Vox wah, a Big Muff and then the Small Clone, through a Marshall MG. This Produces no noise whatsoever, unless I'm playing my OE-30 with the Big Muff on at high volume (the guitar isn't properly grounded, and the Big Muff causes the noise). The Effects can range from weak, if you have the depth switch down, to strong, depth switch up, but it always sounds great, I use mine with the depth switch up and the rate knob between 9:00 and 12:00. The only way you can get this to sound bad with any of my other effects is if I crank the knobs to 11.

I play everything from blues, to Grunge and all points in between, and I seem to find that the red indicator light is always on, I can always find a use for this. I have been playing for about 4 years. I have no regrets from this pedal. If I lost this pedal, I would buy another one and put it on expedited, next day shipping, this thing is critical to my music. I love the sound on this pedal, of course, and I love the construction, and I hate the rubber feet and the battery life, but a 9v power supply is only $10. My favorite feature is definetely the construction, built like a tank. I compared this pedal to many other chorus pedals at the local music store, Boss, Ibanez, DigiTech, Danelectro, none of them have anything on this pedal.

The casing on this is indestructable. It's constructed of nickel and all the parts are tough. I have thrown this off walls, out of windows, all over the place, and it still works, I think that the army whould get EHX to build their tanks. Thus said, I would definetly use this without a backup. My only complaint is the rubber feet that they use. They use cheap rubber feet with weak glue and they all fell off mine within a week. I think that EHX should switch to the rubber feet used by Dunlop and Vox, or go back to their old ridged rubber pads.

I recieved this as a gift a while ago, and I immediately plugged it in. After about a minute I was getting great sound. With one rate and one depth switch, you just need to do a bit of tinkering before you figure out what each thing does.