Small Clone Full-Chorus review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Small Clone Full-Chorus

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I'll be the first to say that I'm not ridiculously good at guitar, but this pedal really adds something to my playing. I have an Epiphone LP Special, a Crate FXT 30, and a Dunlop 535Q Crybaby, and it really fills out my sound. I've used it for shows, it was perfect for that spacy sound in Tenacious D's "Wonderboy" and gives more clarity and depth to anything distorted. The only drawback about the stompbox it that it can be noisy at times. Sometimes there's a pop when I click it on, and you can hear a hiss and a hum when you turn the rate up real high. But that's only when you're not playing; it's not noticeable at all when you're actually playing.

This is a damn good pedal. It's perfect if you're an intermediate guitarist, for the price, the sound, and the wide array of things you can do with it, you can't go wrong. There's no need for anything more expensive, it gets the job done and then some. If it was stolen, I'd definitely get it again. It's a simple layout to get a really complex sound.

Holy crap this thing is a tank. I think my foot would break before this thing does. I've used it at shows w/o backup, but with the AC adapter. Definitely pick one up.

This stompbox is ridiculously easy. The only thing on it is a rate dial and a depth Switch, but you can get an amazing variety of sounds out of it. It adds sparkle to anything clean, thickens distortion, and lead lines Shine through. For just having two controls, it can go from a subtle sound to something like a Leslie or a tremolo channel. The manual was only a sheet of paper, but it explained everything well enough for me to get a good understanding of it.

Axeslayer55
    This pedal is great, real simple, affordable, and great sound, for any style. I got the Boss CE20 Twin Pedal and its just to complicated and kills my sound. I use a Boss SD1 Overdrive and this pedal handles it just well.